Vomiting off and on, weeks at a time, for years, anybody?

Six years ago when I got pregnant I had severe vomiting through my entire pregnancy, my second pregnancy also. So bad that I needed to take medication in order to keep anything down. Since then, I will go through bouts where I will vomit for days on end every time I eat something, sometimes all it takes is a cup of coffee and I lose it. I have been to my primary care doctor, gynecologist (because I also skip periods for months at a time), gastroenterologist, have had my gall bladder out, a hernia fixed, ultrasounds, blood tests galore, and even brain scan to see if there was a tumor.........nothing has been found and it still continues. I get light headed and get headaches frequently too.

Has ANYBODY been through anything like this and found out what was causing it?

Jynnifer292

Asked by Jynnifer292 at 1:35 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Health

• Wow I have no idea exept to say Im feeling for you! Sorry you are going through this!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:12 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I am wondering what type of hernia did you have fixed? Was it inguinal, umbilical, or hiatal? If it was anything but a hiatal hernia, I would be wondering if perhaps that might be causing the vomiting. I had several vomiting issues with my hiatal hernia as well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:39 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• It was an umbilical hernia but I have a small one up higher that has not been fixed. I am not sure what kind it is, it is closer to my ribs.
    Jynnifer292

Answer by Jynnifer292 at 11:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2009