Why is it...

that I get bashed when I complain about only getting a hundred dollars a month in child support? Knowing it takes more than that to support a kid... I work to support my kids, yet my dd's father gets to sit around collecting unemployment (when he actually QUIT his job in August to go back to school in OCTOBER?) He's 34 years old!!! School time is over baby... Get A JOB! and i'm the bitch???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• Oooh I feel ya there girl! I hate it when people say,"Well at least you get SOMETHING" Burns my @$$ when people say that!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 2:43 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• $100 is not much at all. That's groceries for one week in my house! Who's bashing you? Your ex or people on CM?
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:38 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• That is nothing. I get almost five hundred dollars a month for my daughter, and sounds like babys daddy is a loser who still wants to act like he's seventeen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Then why are you asking the question again. Some moms get less than that, you should be happy your getting something in the first place.
    Anonymous

• because you sound ridiculous. sit back and read what you just wrote. i would be embarrassed if i were you
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 1:39 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I don't get child support at all, and I know it takes allot more tha $100 to support my son, but for you to complain, at least your getting something, and the baby daddy does need to grow up, but there are people out there getting less than that for more kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• OP here.... no I will not be happy with what i'm getting. It's bullshit. He shouldn't even be able to inconvenience my life for that little bit of money. He left my DD for OVER a year. No calls, no support. Now I should just let him right back in and thank my lucky stars that he's back with his measley $25 a week. I think not. My daughter is TERRIFIED of him. He is a stranger to her. His fault, not mine. I'm not forcing her to go anywhere with him for $100 a month and that's exactly what he wants.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• If he's going to school to better HIMSELF and to get a better job then you can't be mad at him. Will you ever be happy with what you're getting? Yea it takes more than $100 to raise a child but atleast he's going back to school and trying to better himself. He is paying support, you can't keep his daughter away from him just because you aren't happy with the amount of support he's paying. Atleast he is making an EFFORT. some people don't get anything.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:53 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• If you were getting $500 a month would you let your daughter go with him? This is not about money, you should be thankful for any help you get. Hell, if its that much of an inconvenience to you, send it to me. I could sure as hell use it.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:12 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Op I feel sorry for you child you are making this about you and not your child. Sounds like you are not doing much more than him to support your child. You need to be working if you are not already. You cannot control what he does you can control your own behavior. If he is bad what are you? You picked the guy to father your child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Sep. 9, 2009