If you could go back, would you change the age difference in your kids?

If so, what is it and why? If not what is it and why? Thanks!

MomofDom21

Asked by MomofDom21 at 1:36 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• I'm very interested in this question because I'm due in a few months with my second child and the age difference is tremendous..... Seven Years... Its so far apart I feel like I'm going to forget how to take care of the new baby..LOL!!! But if I had a choice I would of loved to have kids 3 years apart.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I don't know exactly yet, I'm still preg with my second daughter, my two girls will be 15 months apart, and I'm kinda worried, I wasn't planning on having kids this close together, but I've heard a lot of good things about kids being that close together, I just know I'm going to be super super busy.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 1:46 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Don't you worry anon, my 1st and 3rd children are 8 yrs apart a boy then a girl with a girl in between them, they are very very close, always have been. They are now 23 and 15. It will work out. There are 19 yrs between my first and last, we are all one big happy family and very close. I would only change the fact that my last 2 are only 13 months apart, both boys...it has been a wild 4 yrs so far!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:27 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Not really. My first DD is 9 and will be 10 in December. I have a 23 month old and I'm pregnant with #3 due in November.

With DD1, I got to spend lots of time with her and we're best friends now! We have a great relationship. When she was 3, she asked me for a sibling, but I was a single mom at the time, and wanted the right person to come along.

My DF and I had our baby in 2007, and while it was an adjustment for all of us, my DD1 was a big help when she was little and still is. It is hard to get a 9 year old to play with an almost 2 year old when all she is interested in is iCarly and her Nintendo DS...

Now that we're having #3, the age difference is going to be challenging, but we're hoping it will work out for the best because now DD2 has someone close in age to play with!

My sisters and I have a weird age difference too, but since I'm the middle child, I have a good relationship with both.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 2:30 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I have an 11 year old and a 16 month old. I like it this way!!
    asalynsedai

Answer by asalynsedai at 3:12 PM on Sep. 9, 2009