Lice?

A boy in my daughters day care classroom had lice over the weekend. They are doing a lice check today but i didnt bring her to daycare today because she has a doctors apt. How do i check for lice and should i ask her doctor to check for lice?

MomAt15woah

Asked by MomAt15woah at 1:37 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I would ask the doctor to do a check! Better safe than sorry!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 1:47 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I too would ask the doctor to check. Might as well check while you are there and they can give you instructions if she does have it.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:10 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• we r haveing a lice issue here i have treated everyone in r house like 3 weeks in a row and we still have them the nix stuff isnt working and its the only thing that i can safley use being preg i have tried tree tea oil dont even wast ur money there b/c it doesnt work either tonite im going to yet try another remidi of putting conditioner in my and dds hair so sufficate the bugs
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• You probably have the best treatment for lice right in your frig. My son got lice last year in kindergarten. I got the stuff from the pharmacy, but did not work. My secretary had a bout with lice between her three kids the year before. She came to my rescue and it worked like magic. Put mayonnaise all through your child's hair. Wrap saran wrap around his head for 30 minutes. This will smother and kill all lice and nits. Then wash with a clarifying shampoo. You will then have to comb the nits out, but everything will be dead. It took one treatment like this on my son, and the results were amazing. The school nurse said that mayo was the best thing out there for lice.
    LisaMomLawyer

Answer by LisaMomLawyer at 10:58 PM on Sep. 12, 2009