What should I get my LO for x-mas? She will be 15 months by then.

She has about 6 winter outfits already. plenty of shoes and books and toys. She has a toddler bed too. Any ideas?

bluerose26

Asked by bluerose26 at 1:41 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nope sounds like she has everything. What about sippy cups and bowls and stuff, ?????? Maybe some crafts you two can do together over the winter months.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 1:43 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• How about a class at Little Gym or Gymboree? We gave my oldest swimming lessons during the winter when he was little for his birthday.

Answer by missanc at 1:49 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• The nice thing for you is that at that age, one's standards for xmas are pretty low. Just try to find one or two things that will be either useful or fun, and call it a day. A 15 month old child will not feel shortchanged if there is less than a mountain under the tree.
    laurelsmama

Answer by laurelsmama at 2:18 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• From about a year old, my two kids have LOVED arts and crafts. A regular reoccurring gift for us (holidays, birthdays, etc) are craft supplies. Paper, crayons, watercolors, and other age appropriate creative outlet things that they will love, use and then toss and we'll replace them. Play-doh is also in that same vein.

I know you said she has plenty of toys. I can't resist tossing in another though. ;) Look at the Lego Duplos. I think they're marked for ages 18 months to 5 yrs. Of all the toys my children have every owned (DS is now 7 and DD is 5) Legos are a constant. There is not a day that goes by that one or both of them isn't building something. We started off with the Duplos for Christmas when my oldest was 18 months old. When he was big enough to manipulate (and not mouth!) the smaller pieces we moved to regular Legos. They LOVE them and it's great for motor skill development, imagination, space relations, etc
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 2:43 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• My son is almost 14 months right now... he really likes books and toys that he can put into other toys... like stacking cups, or toys that he puts the ball inside or, or just random things he finds to put things into.
    At this age they start eating with plates, spoons and forks so you could get a cute little set.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:30 PM on Sep. 9, 2009