My nipples are cracked severley i've tried everything i can think of , anyone got some ideas?

smkrout

Asked by smkrout at 1:44 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Vaseline, or a lotion called "Udder Cream"
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 1:47 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• look at Wal Mart or wherever you shop..look where they have the breastfeeding supplies, nursing pads, etc. and find Lansinoh breast cream...it should work...good luck, I remember those days..
    Jan40

Answer by Jan40 at 1:58 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• You can try nipple sheilds for ever other time you feed. I had to do that the first few days because one of my nipples was cracked and bleeding. So every other time I fed on that side I used the sheild. I helped along with breast cream. I also used warm wash clothes or ice when they really hurt. Let them air dry too.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 2:06 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• buy vitamin e capsules break them open and put the oil on your nipples. i promise that it will get easier

Answer by rkoloms at 2:13 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• squeeze out some BM on them and let them air dry, it will get better. For me it took about 3 weeks for it to stop hurting.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 2:40 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• the breast milk and then air dry can help. . . I also used lanolin all the time (Lansinoh). . . If that doesn't work try Bag Balm, you can find it at most Pharmacies.

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 3:02 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I put medela lanolian on my nipples i THINK petrolium jelly would work as well. It took about two weeks for my nipples to stop hurting. I hope things get better soon :)
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 3:06 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• DON'T USE VASELINE ALONE! You'll give your baby the runs. If you must use a petroleum jelly product, use A&D ointment which combines lanolin and vaseline.

I recommend expressing a few drops of BM and smearing it on your nipples after nursing and letting them air dry after EVERY nursing session. THEN - until your nips are healed, smear on a small amount of lanolin - either lansinoh or medela brand. Both are medical grade lanolin and won't cause harm to your baby when you next nurse.
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 6:43 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• contact daye62 and ask her to send you a jar of her bee cream. its all natural and bees wax based. it is WONDERFUL for dry cracked skin.
    treystiredmommy

Answer by treystiredmommy at 10:00 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Yeah, BM is actually really good for cracked nipples also try the lanolin cream. It sucks now, but it will get better. Hang in there!!
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 10:25 PM on Sep. 9, 2009