how do you keep it from feeling like its time to make a deposit???

We are trying to conceive a second child. Our first is 4. We have had sex everynight since my last period. The first couple nights it was fun. Now its beginning to feel like a job. I don't want to stop but I want the fun back.

JrSmOm2005

Asked by JrSmOm2005 at 1:59 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Figure out when you are ovulating and have sex around just that time... and have fun. Don't just DO IT every night, because then it WILL be a job and NO one will have any fun.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 2:02 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• We both stop doing anything about a week before I am supposed to ovulate, then when we are a day or two away, we are both really interested and that keeps us going through the 5 or so days that it really matters. we also do stupid cheesy things to turn each other on (text during the day, wear revealing clothing ect) so we are looking forward to nighttime when the little one is asleep and we can "play"
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 2:20 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• time to make a deposit...haha
    my SO was going away for the weekend, and i thought we might miss our opportunity to bd so i asked him if he would leave some in a cup for me! lol totally kidding when i asked.
    first off so it doesn't become like a chore dont do it every day, try to be spontaneous if you can. i think it does help to not do anything sexual for a little while to build up the sexual tension, and then its (as my hunny says) like a virgin hoo! lol and its like your exploring all over again. just try and have fun and do new things. keep it interesting. try and keep out the wam bam thank you ma'am stuff. cause usually that is just more satisfying for him anyways. if my hunny feels like it's a job, he wont do anything at all, total turn off for him. try not to think of working to make a baby. i know it hard because that is the desired end result. but keep it in the now and present for fun :)
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 5:30 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• the best way to conceive is to be relaxed and just be enjoying yourself. I've heard you have a higher risk to implant when the woman is highly aroused... stop having sex to get pregnant, and start having sex to enjoy it. Then you will get pregnant.
    Ginanne

Answer by Ginanne at 8:23 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Hey girl, I know the feeling. TTC can take the romance out of sex. But listen you aren't alone and I agree with the other poster that you should do the ovulation tests and timing. One important thing my doc told me is that you should start trying when there is a faint line on the stick becuase most pregnancies occur when the sperm are already up there when the egg is released. Good luck! Light some candles, relax, put on something from victoria secret and concentrate on each other. Dont' think of it as trying for a baby. This of it as showing your love for one another. I know its hard to not focus on the baby factor but relax. And the more relaxed you are and the more orgasms you have could help those little guys get a boost!! Contrations in the vagina help move sperm along. Sorry if this is tmi but do anything you can to make it a sexy experience.
    Sarahp1379

Answer by Sarahp1379 at 1:59 PM on Sep. 11, 2009