Experiencing what my family referres to as the three P's - Pain, Pressure, and Poop - which for them all meant labor, but it's way too early for me! Could I be in early labor at 32 weeks?!

I have pain all up and down my back that feels like it is pushing forward, I also have pain in my lower stomach (kind of like period cramps). With this I have also had more frequent bowel movements - went from semi constipated last week to more liquidy this week. Then on top of all that I have pressure on my vagina and surrounding area, it feels like something could fall out everytime I stand up and walking has become difficult. My mother, grandmother, and aunt all say this is what labor was like - they call it the three P's. But they all went into labor at 40 weeks + , but I am only 32 weeks. Could this be early labor or am I freaking out for no reason!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am not sure about the pain but i have heard that diareah/runny poop is common before delivery, some even poop while delivering...you prob. check with your doc just to be on the safe side
    8firsttimemom8

Answer by 8firsttimemom8 at 2:52 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I think you are freaking out.. pain and pressure is common in the home stretch of pregnancy. i am 29 weeks and all together have the same symptoms as you are.. and i know im not in labor. the pain and pressure is because ur baby is gaining weight and preparing to be born in the next 7 + weeks so he/she will be putting the pressure down below. i would only start to worry if u have bleeding/bloody show. and contractions. i know this as im a pro hehe its my 4th baby
    MyPrincesses421

Answer by MyPrincesses421 at 2:26 PM on Sep. 9, 2009