My toddler is 13 months and just seeing when everyone thinks is a good time to go down to 1 nap?

BrodyBearsMama

Asked by BrodyBearsMama at 2:17 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• ANYTIME AFTER A MEAL. PREFERABLY A CONSISTENT TIME EVERYDAY SO YOU CREATE A ROUTINE.

Answer by older at 2:19 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• your toddler will grow into one nap and you'll be wishing for 2 or 3 naps again.
    ranedare

Answer by ranedare at 2:20 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• My son stopped taking them on his own at 13 months, I would keep the two naps as long as he's not fighting too bad - sleep is so good for them! My girlfriends son is 18 months and JUST starting to only take one and thats only some days... I miss the 2 naps ....awh.....lol!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:22 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• My son at this age all the way till now and he is a little over two takes a two hour nap everyday from 1-3 or 1230 to 230 .. preferablly after his lunch. He only takes one nap but it last for two hours.
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 2:25 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• if you thinnk hes ready, and you are willing to put up wiht the crankyness, go for it. your his mommy, you know best
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 2:25 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I rushed my 14 month old to one nap and she slept horrible at night. instead I limited her naps to a 2 hr in the am and a 1 hr in the pm. gl
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 2:32 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Both my girls, one and two and a half go down after lunch :)
    Ranavan

Answer by Ranavan at 2:32 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• My daughter only takes one nap a day . .. she changed it up on her own. She is 14 months and she has been taking one nap a day for a while now.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:42 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• My DD was 21 months old when I dropped her morning nap. I knew it was time because she quit sleeping in her afternoon nap. I started putting her down at 12;30 at first and moved the time back gradually to 1:30. She is almost 4 and still goes down at 1;30.
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 2:45 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• When they are ready...you will know. My dd did it on her own....
    babyg34

Answer by babyg34 at 3:05 PM on Sep. 9, 2009