Pagans only please (or those who have study this)-Summerland?

do you believe in Summerland? and whats a valid site to learn more about it? (id hate to use Wiki & my info be wrong. & religioustolerance.org wasnt any help).

they just mentioned Summerland on an episode of CSI (not the best place for religious info i know). they said Summerland is the place some Pagans believe you go before being reincarnated. any info is greatly appreciated!

okmanders

Asked by okmanders at 2:18 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Here this should help you!

http://paganspath.com/magik/wicca/sumrland.htm

You can trust this site 100%

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:32 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I believe the Summerland is more of a Celtic term...although I think the concept may apply to several paths...ie the Greek Elysian Field could be considered a summerland; etc..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I have only heard the term Summerland among Wiccan groups. I myself believe in the Underworld in much the same way that the Greeks did. The majority of people go to the Elysian Fields (which is not what they believed, but similar) and those that have some Karma to work off, do so... Everyone will believe differently but I do believe the idea of Summerland is rather a Wiccan thing. It's meant to be a beautiful, "heavenly" place where the spirits of the once living reside until they return to earth in a new human form...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:30 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• You can trust this site 100%

If you see Buddha on the path, kill him.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 2:50 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• HUH? What are you talking about isabellalecour??

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:02 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Google the koan. Lots of interpretations on what it means. The key one I'm trying to point out is that, nothing is 100%.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 3:05 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I understand that. However what I was trying to convey to the poster was that she can look to this site for "truth" or as close to that as any religious site gets. She stated that she didn't want to search it and come up with lies... So, I was doing my best to answer her question AND give her a recourse...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:14 PM on Sep. 9, 2009