diluting juice???

the gerber 100% juice, do you have to dilute that w/water???

EthansMommy5

Asked by EthansMommy5 at 2:33 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't guess you have to, but I always do.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 2:34 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• no. You may want to save your money and buy regular juice that can be diluted b/c you pay the same if not more for juice that is already diluted.
    coala

Answer by coala at 2:35 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• my son was super picky and wouldnt drink that juice diluted or not lol. he didnt do baby apples either had to be jar applesauce (even the all natural one) not sure the difference. point is if baby seems to get gassy or diarreha(sp) then dilute it some. if they are ok with it straight then go for it that way.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 2:37 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• OP. i was askn bc i started givin him rice on the 5th, n he just had a bm that was really hard, so i figured a lil'apple juice would help it, i just dont want an explosive one afterwards lol
    EthansMommy5

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 2:40 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• My doctor told me straight juice is too sweet and has too many calories to drink straight even if it says all natural 100% juice. She encourages me to dilute to keep her from getting too many calories and to help keep her baby teeth cleaner. I do it and she still drinks it like there is no tomorrow.
    reg1106

Answer by reg1106 at 4:41 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• If hes have a hard bm, my daughters dr. also said an ounce or two or straight prune juice or the prunes baby food will relax their bowels. i know it seems like it would be too strong for their stomach but Ive done it and it really works and doesnt upset her tummy.
    reg1106

Answer by reg1106 at 4:43 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• even adults are recommened to drink undiluted juice too much sugar that really isnt needed
    melis1029

Answer by melis1029 at 6:31 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• i mean adults are NOT recommended to drink undiluted juice .. sorry
    melis1029

• lol..wic class said adults shouldn't drink more than 6oz of juice a day.. thats why they are taking it off list. i'm glad. waaaay to easy to drink those unnecessary calories! but yah..wic teacher said even adults should drink diluted juice at 3/4juice (already prepared) to 1/4 water at least.. if not half and half!
    burr_and_e

Answer by burr_and_e at 12:27 AM on Sep. 10, 2009