Is anyone a nurse??

I am going to college to be a L&D nurse and I'm writing a research paper. I need help picking a topic that has to do with this area of nursing or the NICU. Any ideas?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 2:37 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• A general topic or something very specific?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:38 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Danger of epidurals
    value of breastmilk for preemies
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• im getting ready to go to school for nursing
    im gonna get my AD in nursing then work in the mommy and baby rooms at the hospital
    but i cant help u till i start school lol
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 2:39 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• It could be a debate thats going on, a general topic or something specfic... I cant think of anything specific that I am thinking about except maybe How being a NICU nurse actually emotionally affects the nurse... but I couldnt find much on that
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 2:56 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I have been a NICU nurse for 30 years.
    How about correlation between parents visiting, holding and caring for the baby and length of hospitilization?

The breastmilk is a good 1.
    Also growth rates on BM preterms vs formula fed.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:15 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I'm not sure the exact topic but several conversations we've had at work include: when is enough enough for a preemie infant(as in stopping medical treatment and letting baby go) and risk vs benefits for pain meds ( as in giving pain med causes decr breathing and results in oxygen and more monitors and results in lower lung function) just a few
    nursenaenae

Answer by nursenaenae at 3:15 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Not a nurse yet LOL, graduation is December, but what about the increasing number of c-sections due to failed inductions. The increasing number of inductions done for mom or doctors convenience. I know in my area, that is becoming a major issue, the number of c-sections is unreal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I know its unreal... I've had three! It all started with a failed induction!!!!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 4:43 PM on Sep. 9, 2009