A question about my kids and neighbors.

My oldest son is VERY strong willed and is a sneaky turkey. We have had issues with him keeping his clothes on and screaming. Well, I got an exagerated note at the end of my driveway from one of my neighbors in regards to my kids being naked and screaming. Well our yard is fenced with a 5ft fence, we don't have a backyard, so their play area is in the front, again with a 5ft fence. We have multiple locks on our doors as well. Well my oldest who just turned 5 is constantly sneaking around and slipping his clothes off and he knows how to get out of the house. Well I don't believe in spanking, but I will under certain circumstances. But we do time outs and taking things away and rewarding good behavior and so on and so on. But I don't know what to do. How should I respond to this note, I don't know who wrote it. It is annonomous. my youngest is 2 and he is only naked, when he gets out of the bath. cont.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• He was in our fenced front yard this summer in the pool naked. But other than that he isn't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Maybe it's a hint that the person who wrote it is a pedophile and giving you a heads up.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:45 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I WOULD IGNORE THE NOTE, FORGODS SAKE HE IS ONLY 2, WHAT COULD BE SO HORRIBLE ABOUT A 2 YEAR OLD NAKED AND SCREAMING, APPARENTLY THEY HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THE TERRIBLE 2'S!

Answer by older at 2:47 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• if they are in a yard with a privacy fence, then that neighbor needs to mind their own business.....there is a difference between kids screaming playing and screaming cuz they're hurt, and even those who arent parent can tell the difference. its not like your kids on knocking on their front door saying look at me i'm naked! kids like to strip its hot out right now and its a lot cooler that way. they'll learn once winter hits haha
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 2:48 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I wouldn't worry about the note, if they really were not happy or concerned about it they would come to you. Just explain the best you can to your child about not being naked in public and why they can not be. He will grow out it.
    slluebcke

Answer by slluebcke at 2:51 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I should add it is a ladies handwriting.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• If you have a 5 ft fence why is this neighbor looking? Ignore her, it's your yard and your kid, she needs to look the other way.....also women can be pedaphiles as well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• ladybugHi, you know what I had that same problem with one of my children when they were going up, first of all don't be confused or dismay you sound

like a very good mom, I really don know what kind of fence you have but, if it's one you could see through maybe you should put a covering on your fence you know they have them in bamboo and a multiple style check around after he grows out of it, take it off and you can use it for something else. And them if you neighbor complains after that then its your turn, because he should not be starring through you fence to try and see, that is called a peeping tom.

Cafecita622

Answer by Cafecita622 at 4:49 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• YOu cant respond to an anon note. I wouldnt worry about it people always have an opinion. If it is a naked child in your own yard they can just get over it. I would keep working with you son but really they just sound judgemental so dont take it to heart!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:08 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• We have a cedar fence with maybe a 1/4 of space between planks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2009