Being Induced !

Hey there for all those mom's who's doctor's induced them i have a question my doctor wants to induce me on the 20th nove my due date is 26th of Nov so my question is how would they go about doing that. if i havent started dilating what will the do. or if i have will they break my water or what please help so i kind of know what to expect.

MyPrincesses421

Asked by MyPrincesses421 at 2:47 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• nov is a long ways away..have you asked your doctor what he plans on doing?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Why does he want to induce you? If there's not a good medical reason (and having a big baby is not a medical reason, nor is he jsut doesn't want you to go beyond yoru due date) then you should not concent to it. Inducing early like that has resulted in premature babies and lots and lots of c-sections.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:56 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• He wants to induce me Ati because she is my 4th baby and i dont have long labours lol our hospital is about 30 mins away my 1st labor was 4 hours 2nd labor 2 hours and 3rd labor was 1 hour these were all start to finish lol. so i can see why he wants to induce me. also not really its 10 weeks
    MyPrincesses421

Answer by MyPrincesses421 at 3:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• There are a few routes inductions could take. Do you have any preferences?
    What kind of birth experience are you hoping for baby & you?

If this isn't an "emergency" or for medically necessary reasons, you could investigate how to reduce your risks to baby and yourself. (Avoiding unnecessary interventions is priority.)
    I am more than happy to share more info, I've quite a lot, lol.
    ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:05 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• If you have such fast and easy uncomplicated labors, inducing is likely to complicate the issue. And if your body isn't ready, the induction may not go as planned and could possibly result in a c-section.

You will have time to get to the hospital. You already know your pattern, and know your signs so just keep an eye on yourself.

If it were me, I definitly wouldn't get induced for that reason.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:08 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I would want a very good reason from the doc for already planning to induce. If he going out of town or something i would not agree to it. I was induced because I went past my due date. Inducing can lead to longer labor and c- section. I would want a really good medical reason first!
    EmmalineMommy09

Answer by EmmalineMommy09 at 3:08 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• anyone else notice that the 26 is Thanksgiving? Is the doctor worried about your natural labor messing up his turkey carving or something? Okay being Catty aside. . . I was induced about a month early for medical reasons. . . I wasn't dialated or thinned at all. . . at first they used a gel to "ripen" my cervix, then the labor wasn't progressing so they broke my water after that I labored very hard for 4 hours(like one 4hour contraction) and my daughter was born. . .If it were me I'd try to skip the induction if possible. . .
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 3:19 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Thanks for all the advice oh and i forgot to mention i am also strep B Pos so that was another factor for inducing me as i said i go fast so he said he wanted me to have the Antibiotics
    MyPrincesses421

Answer by MyPrincesses421 at 3:20 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• My doctor induced me...they started me off with pitocin and morphine, then later, broke my water and then 18 hours later had to give me an emergency c-section. So proably what they will do, if your not in active labor, is give you pitocin to essential make you go into labor. I might be wrong, its been seven years since I had my daughter, but from my vague recollection of that day thats what happened with me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• ty :)
    MyPrincesses421

Answer by MyPrincesses421 at 3:39 PM on Sep. 9, 2009