Why doesn't this piss EVERYONE off? Why do we continue to allow this?

In the next 16 days, Congress will spend more than $3 trillion in taxpayer money. To cover these programs, some Americans will be working up to three hours of each day.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/09/tracking-taxes-earmark-kings/

mamakirs

Asked by mamakirs at 2:49 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Have to spend it to make it.

Sorry but if you spent all your money and went into debt you would not have made anything other than debt. We have to cut back and tighten our belts as a nation. We cannot be a nation of debtors anymore. We have got to learn to pay as we go for programs. Pay back social security (when Clinton had the surplus he should have put it all into Social Security to pay it back). We don't our Congress and President just spend, spend, spend. They don't create any jobs and stiffle small business' ability to continue to create them. We spent 3 billion on cash for clunkers that saved 350 million in fuel usage. It will put a handful of people to work for a couple months but they will be unemployed again. This stimulus has not created any long term jobs the only thing it has done is enslaved us all to debt. I am debt free in my personal life but as an American we all owe about 38k a piece.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Oh yeah, that gets me so good. They just spend money like it's nothing. Can't they do this stuff over teleconferences? How much would we save If they just used gotomeeting. Com?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:54 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• it's both sides....do they not understand what they are doing daily to this Country? I mean you know it is happening but when it is just right there in black and white...arg I wanna rip my hair out!!
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:56 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Obama has spent more money since he's been in the White House then Bush did in his 8 years as President. Yeah, Obama is such a great guy....PLEASE!!!! He's ran us right into the poor house, even more than we were before. Rather annoying that's for sure!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• They need to STOP buying these PUBLIC SERVICE employees LUNCHES too...No one but ME buys my lunch! WTF?
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:59 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

Have to spend it to make it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Totally disgusting. Virtually all earmarks are unconstitutional. The General Welfare Clause requires that legislation be for the general good of all US citizens. Pork for any peoples of one state is illegal. Legislation need apply for all of the people. AND CONGRESS KNOWS IT. Earmarks are a violation of their oath of office. IF these morons would quit picking our pockets and leave money in the states and within the community, then the proper things would be done.
    **COMMENT FROM THAT SITE**
    Anonymous

• Have to spend it to make it.

And where are we making it?? I haven't seen anything MADE since he's been in office, so your point, while it makes sense for the most part, is completely out of whack. He isn't making ANYTHING. We are more in debt now then ever before. So when do we start making it??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• The General Welfare Clause requires that legislation be for the general good of all US citizens. Pork for any peoples of one state is illegal.

Its because of "pork" that studies have been funded and breakthroughs in Autism, Downs Syndrom and other medical infermities have been found, I would say that was for the general good of all US citizens

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• And where are we making it?? I haven't seen anything MADE since he's been in office, so your point, while it makes sense for the most part, is completely out of whack. He isn't making ANYTHING. We are more in debt now then ever before. So when do we start making it??

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090909/ap_on_bi_ge/us_economy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Sep. 9, 2009