how often/much juice

How often & how much juice would you give a 4month old? Also, what are some good starter sippy cups?

EthansMommy5

Asked by EthansMommy5 at 2:53 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I didn't start juice with my little girl until 6 months. you need to make sure you have tried all the veggies then fruits first. They really don't need juice but one serving is 4oz. That is how much my daughter takes.
    EmmalineMommy09

Answer by EmmalineMommy09 at 2:56 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• oh yeah my daughter really liked the Munchkin brand. They are the perfect size for her to hold.
    EmmalineMommy09

Answer by EmmalineMommy09 at 2:58 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• i wouldnt give more than 4 oz a day either. baby should still be getting all the calories needed from formula or bm. my 9mo old doesnt get more than 6 oz a day, even if he really wants it lol. dont want him too addicted to the sweets.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 3:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• with DD1 we did 4oz juice mixed with 4oz water when she was 9 months, before that it was 2/2.
    My twins are justturning 4 months and we wont be doing juice (besides mixed with their cereal) until 6 months.

Oh and we only did juice once a day
    katelynsmom22

Answer by katelynsmom22 at 4:08 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• My daughter started drinking from a cup at 6 months. Its called Nuby and the handles helped her with hand control. Juice is given once a day and its diluted. 1/4 juice to 3/4 water. It helps lower the sweetness, but it has just enough of the taste for her to like it. Plus her Dr said there is no nutritional value to juice anyway.
    reg1106

Answer by reg1106 at 4:37 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• at my wic class today..they said they are removing juice from the checks. and also said 4oz a day for 6mo to 1yr olds. (and not recommended for under 6mo) and to dilute it i'd just do half and half.. maybe 2oz 2oz maybe since hes only 4mo try 1oz and 1oz at a time.. maybe.. just not more than 4 times a day! he'd poop like crazy lol
    burr_and_e

Answer by burr_and_e at 12:15 AM on Sep. 10, 2009