Is sleeping on my stomach harmful to the baby?

I just feel so bad when i sleep on my stomach like im crushing my baby...????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Nope otherwise my daughter would have come out as flat as a pancake. I had one of those pillows that looked like a noodle and I would wrap it around my belly so that I could sleep on it without falling over. Slept like that up until I was about 36 weeks, then I couldn't get comfortable anymore.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:57 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• i think if its not uncomfortable then you're ok. its mostly a little cramping for baby, but squishes your organs lol. and if you can breathe fine, then baby is getting enough oxygen. if you are really concerned, check with your dr to be sure. if you can get your SO to sleep like cross legged or with bottoms of feet touching (makes a diamond shape) and lay your belly there so its supported. my cousins DH did that for her so she could sleep better. GL!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 2:58 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• they say to try and get out of the habit of sleeping on ur stomach (and back) but the baby has a lot of cushion too but i felt really uncomfortable and made myself get out of the habit of sleeping on my stomach because i dont want to put pessure on my little boy but they say the left side is the best way to sleep but not when ur leg gets cramps it sucks lol yeah lots of pillows r the key it seems like good luck!
    Kri5taa

Answer by Kri5taa at 3:03 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• yes, I say sleep on your side if you can, or ask your doctor.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 3:03 PM on Sep. 9, 2009