Should a 2 year old know what a clitoris is?

Another woman on here said yes. I thought it innapropriate since it hs no function for her at this age and can cause confusion and misunderstanding if she says anything about it around other people.. any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• no way, they should just know its a pee pee and its how you go to the bathroom
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I am all about using the correct terms, but agree that there is no need to go into that kind of detail for all pieces of their anatomy with a two year old.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:02 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• my first thought is wow.........i think the term is just not age appropriate. i'll be honest if i had a girl and she asked what it was, i'd tell her its where her pee comes from (not a lie right?) i think all questions need to be handled by age. kids are already growing up way too quick these days.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 3:02 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• AGREE WITH THE ANON!

Answer by older at 3:02 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• NO, they should just know that's how they pee :)
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 3:02 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• The lady said she believes in using the correct words for everything.. wich i agree, when theres need of it.
    Ranavan

Answer by Ranavan at 3:03 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• my 2 year old points and knows its a pee pee. She will point when she uses the bathroom. But to use that term and explain the function....no.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• my son knows his penis as potty,private and pp not even penis,he doesnt need to know and he is 3
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 3:05 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• My 4 year old knows that's her vagina, but calls it by one of the more common names KIDS come up with for it (you-hoo I think is what she calls it) but I wouldn't get that far into detail of tellin her what the clit is. It's not going to damage her in any way to find out later.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• My daughter is almost 3 and would not know a clitoris from an asshole. That's too vulgur for a child IMO.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Sep. 9, 2009