Do you think others should MYOB?

I can't count the number of times I see someone here in the PC&E section tell another they should mind their own business.

Do they not realize that is the point of this section? To ask quesitons; to get different perspectives on a variety of topics?

Now to say that Sally next door's choice has no impact on mine or my life; is one thing...but to imply that it is wrong for me to be curious about her choice and want to know more, is to my way of thinking very short sighted.

thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• If someone's going to tell another person to MYOB then they shouldn't be on cafe mom!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I think the MYOBs come when it appears that someone is judging another person rather than just asking about their choices. and I agree, I happen to like seeing what happens when people ask questions and get opinions, but key words, like lazy, tend to set people off so they get more wrapped up in the apparent judgment the OP is making rather than the heart of the question.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 3:08 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• When someone asks how old you are or where you went to school, they are just trying to one up you or get info to attack you with. With those people I am always glad to tell them to MYOB.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:26 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• MYOB comes into play when someone says: you should have your children taken away. Because, really, that is none of your business, especially because they are always directed at someone that is judging the overall parent on the fact that the two mom's disagree on one P or CE.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 3:30 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• A recent example would be this speech...many many times I saw - why do you care what we do with our kids. How does it affect you if I keep them home, etc.

Well I don't really and it doesn't but I'm curious (and bored a lot!)

But it happens fairly often around here and as the 1st reply pointed out; why are they even here in the first place if that's their opinion?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• should be MTOB....mind their own business.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• yes picky Anon I debated which to use; but in actuality what is normally said is MYOB so that's what I went with...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:21 PM on Sep. 9, 2009