Is it ok to get the flu shot while pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Health

• I think it depends on what trimester your in. I know my dr really wanted me to get it so I did, but I dont remember if it was the first or second trimester
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 3:12 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I'm in the third trimester and my doctor told me today that I should get it for me and the baby.
    ABryn1011

Answer by ABryn1011 at 3:20 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• NO! In fact the packaging the vaccines come in (that you never get to see) says not for pregnant women... Doctors don't care... they just want the money!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:26 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• We reccomend that pregnant women get it because the risk of getting the flu and having complications can far outweigh the possible risks. (I work in a doctors office). In fact the year of the shortage we were offering it to our pregnant women and elderly patients first.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 4:52 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Doctors don't care... they just want the money!

Most doctors are not like this at all. I am not saying there are not bad ones, but many doctors really do care about their patients health and not just money.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 4:53 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• It doesn't depend on the trimester. The regular flu vaccine is not only safe during pregnancy, it is highly recommended.

My OB, however, is not recommending the swine flu vaccine for pregnant women until there is much more testing done.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:04 AM on Sep. 11, 2009