Will you hire someone pregnant?

I would because you will not believe how moany women need a job. Turning them because they have a baby on the way is wrong. You never know the reason why they may need the job.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It depends on the job. Obviously I woudnt hire a pregnant woman to do any lifting OR VIGOROUS WORK other than that i dont see why not
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Huh? Are you asking if we would hire a pregnant woman?
    Anonymous

• While there are many reasons she may need the job, employers probly look at the fact that they would have to hire some one else in so many months to fill in for at least a month (6weeks having the baby) not to mention they will consider what if we have to get some one for longer because of bed rest issues or the mom doesn't want to come back to work? It makes more sense that she get passed up for some one non pregnant. And yes that is discrimination, but let's face reality we can't always prove but chances are this is what they think about before hiring some one pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• It doesn't matter about this and that, women's rights, we should still beable to work, and establish something to come back to after the baby is born!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 3:18 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Love your comment MommaRox4683. Anon 3:16 reading the question will answer you, I don't a man can be prego or an animal is considered a someone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• to be honest if i was in the position to hire I definately would unless it could be a liability on the company...ie: heavy lifting, unfavorable working conditions, I would want pregnant women to be able to work in whats safest for them

i worked for a company about a year ago and it required some heavy lifting, a lot of traveling, 12 hour work shifts, this is a vet company, and in the company policy it says if any one were to get pregnant they can have the same pay but they would be put in the office...i thought that was nice because who who is pregnant wants to travel and lift.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 3:27 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• It's illegal to not hire someone because she is pregnant. However they can just make up another excuse to not hire you...
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 3:30 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• LOL when I was 7 months prego I looked for a job and I couldn't find any anyway so not a problem now that I am 9 months prego and my hubby lost his job we NEED someone in our house to have a job and I have put in about 5 applications and I haven't gotten a call back at all . Plus I even tried getting my old job back and it was a telemarketing job and they wouldn't even hire me back since I was so close to my due date .
    I would hate to work a few weeks and then be out for 12 weeks anyway .
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 3:30 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• One of the best employees I ever hired was 5 months pregnant at the time. A somewhat timely inconvenience to cover her during her maternity leave but I could tell from her interview that she was a very dedicated employee with a good work ethic. I hired her based on the long term benefit of having a committed employee rather than not hiring her because the timing wouldn't work out in my favor.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 4:20 PM on Sep. 9, 2009