What news channel do you watch? Do you consider them to be unbiased?

Why do you watch that particular channel?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• C-Span, which isn't really news, but it's the best report you'll get of what's going on in congress because it. If I absolutely have to watch something on the news (like the memorial today) I'll watch whichever one is talking the least.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:16 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• ABC is usually the one I watch. I don't consider ABC to be unbiased though, from time to time ABC is pretty biased, anyhow I just watch the news I want to know and I have my own mind on the things I want to hear or believe.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 3:17 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• They are all biased to some extent or the other. Watch a report on something, then read several, and if possible watch one more station. Or watch the whole speech not the pundits and commentators and their opinions.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 3:23 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• MSNBC, for the post part. Sometimes CNN, but they put me to sleep. However, MSNBC doesn't always show news on the weekends, so I go to CNN.

I have always liked MSNBC, even way before this whole "biased" stuff. I like their commentators. I used to watch Imus, then Scarborough in the mornings (I didn't/don't always agree with them, but they were/are entertaining) and Olbermann in the evenings. Other channels are too stuffy or inane.

Oh, and The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. :-)
    AMom29

Answer by AMom29 at 3:26 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• *MOST* part. I wish we could edit these things...
    AMom29

Answer by AMom29 at 3:40 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• :-( It is an unfortunate reality that a large portion of our population DOES use The Daily Show, Colbert, and Saturday Night Live as their news sources.

We appreciate Fox News Channel. They present news plus they interview a constant parade of guests who are involved in the topics at hand (a lawyer or sheriff from the county where something happened, an economist who was in the gov't or published a book specifically about the economic problem under discussion)

I think Fox is fairly unbiased. But since I don't blindly follow the opinions of the commentators, that is not hugely important. If I want to form an opinion, I look up the original article or watch the entire speech which Fox is talking about ... or I read the bills.

My husband has said he finds the breaking news on Glenn Beck depressing, but I am SOO glad SOMEONE is bringing up questions the politicians are trying to keep under wraps.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:45 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I watch Fox and MSNBC. I flip back and forth. I also have notebooks I write in and I take notes then head to do research. I know, I am a nerd. i think that is the best way to get as much balanced news that I can. I also watch BBC news sometimes just to see what they think about whats going on over here. lol
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:50 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I love Anderson Cooper and Christine Amapour. I watch several stations and check news online to get different viewpoints. Glen Beck and people like that really scare me because they are so over the top.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 3:52 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I'm a CNN girl; have been since they came on the air. Groundbreaking stuff.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• When I'm at home, Fox News. However, at work,they keep ABC on,so, I invested in me an IPOD, so I don't have to hear it while I'm in the break room.
    Anonymous