Has anyone gotten their IUD at planned parenthood?

how much did you spen on it total?

I live off 125 a week and have a baby so im guessing ill get it cheap if not free im just looking for other peoples experience.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Health

• I never went to PP because I never could afford it. I got mine through my dr's office (she kept seeing me free until she could get me on bc) and there was a program in my area that donated the IUDs. I only had to pay like 60 bucks to get it put in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• My insurance covered the procedure at PP. They have a sliding scale fee if your insurance won't cover it.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:39 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I had my IUD placed in at my Drs. office by there nurse practitioner and now i am pregnant!!! I had to get it taken out. Luckily my insurance paid for it because i only had it in one year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Yes - and that was without ever previously being pregnant. My income at the time was so low I paid nothing for my IUD. I had the Para-guard put in and had it removed almost 3 years later when circumstances changed and it was time to start trying. Never got pregnant on it and it I was pregnant within 6 months of having it removed. If I didn't now have insurance and a great midwife (CNM) I would go back.
    time4latte

Answer by time4latte at 10:13 PM on Sep. 9, 2009