Needing Information On IVF and Mini IVF

I am trying to find all the info and compare to see which is right for me. I have two children already and I am happily married. We decided after are second child was born to have my tubes tied. Now that is something we regret.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Go straight to bulletin boards specializing in IVF, such as www.ivfconnections.com .  There you can find others going through the process, and possibly even at the same clinic you are using.  Get their experiences, discuss protocols, etc.  I used it when I was going through it and it was so helpful.  Good luck!

halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 10:10 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• You may want to have a tubal reversal but there is a good chance that scarring will occur. How old are you if you don't mind me asking becasue age factor will also determine which method you use to be most successful. How quickly your time frame is also matters. Usually if you are older, IVF with ICSI and or assisted hatching will give you the best chance. In your case it is probably not fertility that is the issue, just your tubes being tied so maybe they can reverse it and you can concieve pretty quicky. My husband and I have just started our fertility work up and it looks like IVF will be our choice along with ICSI to increase our changes. He is 49 and has has two reversals after a previous vasectomy and I have one fallopian tube that is blocked. Good luck and feel free to ask me anything or chat.
    Sarahp1379

Answer by Sarahp1379 at 1:53 PM on Sep. 11, 2009