need women that were over weight when they got pregnant

I'm 5'3 and 214 lb I had my son 14 months ago and really want to start trying to have another baby before my weight is really holding me back. I know over weight women can have more problems. I was only 5 lbs heavier when i give birth than i am now. I only gianed 20 bls while pregnant and i didn't have any trouble. so I wonder if a little more weight would really matter that much

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have heard that being overweight can make it harder to conceive in the first place. It will make it easier if your bmi is less than 30. So maybe you only need to lose a few lbs! I myself are going through this. If you need some support pm me. Good luck!
    kennethsmom910

Answer by kennethsmom910 at 3:30 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I think you would be better off consulting your doctor than CafeMom members.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I weighed 223 before i got pregnant i now weigh 233 an im 37wks! The only problem i have is im borderline for gestational diabates! You should be fine your doc will probally tell you to gain less than a skinny person would! O an i had no problem gettin pregnant i wasnt even trying! Gl hope everything works out!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• i'm like you. i weigh 205 and i weighed 200 when i was 9 months pg! my son is 23 months old and i want to ttc but i'm nervous about my weight. i hope that i can just gain about 10-15 if i get pregnant... i have read about some of the risks of being overweight and pregnant. it does increase your risks of some problems. like instead of a 1/4000 chance of X happening, you might have a 2/4000 chance of that happening. good luck!

i weighed 157 when i got pregnant and gained too much and haven't lost it/ :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Sep. 9, 2009