My dad put this out there and I want to know how many Christians feel this way? Christians only please.

My dad has said that the state of the country and of the world is "just the fulfillment of the Word" coming to fruition. I have no basis to argue this claim as untrue - and no desire to. But here's where I get tripped up - My dad is a minister and seems VERY COMPLACENT about the condition of our own government and world government and he is that way BECAUSE he believes it to be God's Will.
I am torn by this because of II Chronicles 2:14 ( If My people...... turn from their wicked ways..... I will heal their land).

I feel as though my dad and many have given up on our country, on our leaders and on our future citing "God's Will". I honestly believe it all this were God's will - there would be no provision/admonishment such as II Chronicles 2:14.

How do you see it - is my dad right to be so complacent - like a sheep being led to slaughter...because he believes this is all God's will??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• complanceny is widespread but right now the Lord is calling intercessors to wake up the people in the land by interceding for them and calling forth the spirits to rise and shine , calling forth them to LIVE and take their stand, fulfill their destiny and callings. The bible says IF my people pray I will heal their land, we have that as one of our mandates. Yes God's will is in affect BUT does that mean we stop praying for the land or for the people in it? NO! NO! and NO!
    Elijah prayed and prayed and kept praying even when he only saw a small cloud in the distance and heard the sound of rain , he still kept praying. Same thing with Daniel, he prayed and prayed and prayed and finally the Archangel Michael was able to get through to deliver the message to Daniel. If we stop praying too soon, we will abort the baby about to be born into this earth.. the next move of God that is. Today is 9/9/09 & the end of something! .
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:59 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• So he has given up on life/living?

Answer by louise2 at 3:28 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Not that I know of... but he definitely seems to see no reason to push back, to stand and fight - it's sorta like "oh well .... the ship goes down in the end so let's not fight the drowning or try to swim for shore"... ya know?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I don't feel it is sheep being led to a slaughter. "If My people"--do you know how many people are wicked and pure evil today? I knwo that many many are turning to God in these last days but how many must before he deems it necessary to heal the land? What are we to do about our leaders and our country? We scream to the hilltops God's message, and people continuously turn away and ridicule those that do believe this way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Christian's know what is coming, as we have been told by God to watch for signs of our redemption. Many Christians look at it as a time of excitement as the word will be fulfilled. Our job in these days are to spread the word as much as we can and pray for the acceptance of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I agree with your dad about what is happenning around the world. Well, in the Church I attend, we do talk about how to prepare ourselves to face God's will. We shouldn't just give up or let it be. We should do the best we can to make things better.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 3:36 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• This what makes me upset about some christians. God didn't say he was going to do everything for us and that we are just supposed to mindless idiots waiting on "god's will" to happen to us. If that's the case what is the point of prayer or anything else in life. As far as the end times are you kidding me?! Yeah things are not ideal but they are 100xs better then they have ever been. People are not half as evil as they've been in the past. Just think of rome, they use to kill people for fun, force women into public bestiality. Think of Napoleon, of germany in the 40's. What about the plague or other disasters that took thousands of lives. I say we've got it pretty god in comparison to all the evil that's ever been. On top of that God flat out told you you'll have no idea when he's coming. So live your life the best you can, do what's right instead of what's easy and love God. Just my opinion
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• So just how many have to turn from their wicked ways? I'm sure many have in this country so is the claim that God won't heal this nation bc not enough turned from their wicked ways? How many is enough? Didn't God let the angels take Lot and his family out of the sinful city before He destroyed it bc Lot was a righteous man? So does that mean He will lead those who turned from wicked ways out of this country before it destroys itself?

Answer by admckenzie at 4:42 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• and the beginning of something new!
    Shaneagle777

• I'm with your dad. 2 Chronicles 7:14 doesn't apply to any particular nation on earth today, but to the people of God as a whole, who seek after a city whose Builder and Maker is God (Hebrews 11:8-16). Jesus repeatedly stated that His kingdom is not of this world. I can't understand how Christians can become so embroiled with politics. This place isn't our home, we're supposed to be looking for a "new heavens and a new earth". (2 Peter 3:11-13) Why not just spread the Gospel as Jesus instructed so that we can all go home? (Matthew 24:14)
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:16 PM on Sep. 9, 2009