Wow, that was just awesome to hear.

I learned today from the WIC nutrition lady that I can only gain 2 more lbs in my pregnancy, and I'm 21 weeks. Whoa! That's gonna be a strict diet to follow, LOL. I've only gained 13 lbs so far but since I just had a baby 9 months ago I was still overweight when I got pregnant and am only "allowed" to gain 15 lbs. Don't think that's gonna happen! The good news is is my iron was great, last pregnancy it was so terrible I was stuck in the hospital for 5 days getting iron IV infusions.

How was your day!?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 3:27 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• OMG I hate that they use the word "allowed". You're ALLOWED to do whatever the hell you want!

And good for you on the iron... keep up whatever you're doing!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:29 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Congrats and keep it up!!! My day has been great so far, thank you for asking!
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 3:28 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• That sounds sucky. I know that I would likely gain more than that especially because they told me I couldn't. But alot of my weight with all three of my kids went away as soon as I had them.
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 3:29 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• You mean suppose too. I hope you do not listen to that person and go on some extreme diet.

Answer by louise2 at 3:32 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• ugh.....no offense but i dont listen much to what those wic ppl say. my "nutrition counselor" the first place i went was over 300 lbs. so i wasnt really into what she had to say. just eat healthy and take walks as much as you can. you'll be ok. i hate when you have to rely on charts to dictate your life.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 3:34 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I wouldn't listen to her, I'd consult with my OBGYN and what he tells you, if she has anything else to say I'd give her your doctors card and tell her to call him!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 3:35 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Just eat healthy and take daily walks (or another form of excersize). It's not how much weight you gain that matters, it's where the weight comes from. Obviously you're going to gain more than 2 pounds since right now the baby only weighs about 2 pounds! Just focus on being healthy not a number.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 3:38 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• hey, the wic people are trying. Wouldn't worry too much about what they say, I was all over the place when I was pregnant because i had horrible morning sickness the entire time. unless your grossly obese, I wouldn't worry about it till you put on like 40 lbs, then it might be time to worry about controlling it.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 3:40 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• When I went to WIC, they did their stupid BMI chart and told me that I was overweight. I WAS PREGNANT MORONS. I was only 130lbs. Don't listen to them. I gained 55lbs in my pregnancy and guess what, I'm back to my old size. Some women just gain more. Allowed.......the nerve.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Lol no worries I'm not actually going to stick to her idea of a healthy weight. It would be virtually impossible to gain no more than 2 lbs for the next 19 weeks, especially since in the last few weeks the baby alone gains a pound per week. I just was thinking "Man, I feel GREAT about myself now!" sarcasm lol

My last 2 pregnancies I gained 60 lbs, most of it was in the 1st and 2nd trimesters so seeing that I've only gained 13, I felt pretty good about it til today!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:24 PM on Sep. 9, 2009