My due date came...& went! What do you think??

Well, my due date was yesterday & no baby! I had a Dr. appt today & he told me that I'm about 80% thinned out, but no dialation. He also said that the babys head is very low in my pelvis. O.K. ladies, how long do we think this is going to take?!? I really wanted her to be born today (9/9/09-awesome!! lol) but I guess that's not going to happen. Also, any suggestions on how to safely & effectively(sp?) induce myself?!

mandi0986

Asked by mandi0986 at 3:29 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• walk, walk and walk some more. Sex is supposed to be good to. A friend of mine jumped down the stairs (very carefully, with her hubby two steps down to catch her if she fell). Mostly I have heard they come when they want to and not before. Wouldn't know, had to have a c section after inducing me failed (x3).
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 3:32 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• They could have your EDD wrong, it happens whether they want to admit it or not, but it is common for women to go past their due date.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 3:33 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• If I were you I would do some serious walking. I put myself into labor with my last one that way.I ended up walking about 3-4 miles at a fast pace. The contractions started and didn't let up. I wanted to have her on Easter, and ended up having her early in the morning the day after :( I think 9/9/09 would be an awesome birthday!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• It's called an ESTIMATED due date. You still have 2 weeks before you are overdue (38-42 weeks being on time). There is no sure fire way to safely and effectively induce yourself. All methods have risks and will only work if you are ready anyways.

Sorrry if this sounds bitchy and short, not meant to be, nursing the babe.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 3:36 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• the last time i went to the doc.s office I was 2cm dialated and my doc. said that his head was very low. she stripped my membranes and told me to "have fun" meaning to have sex. I tried everything from stretches to sex. all the old-wives tales and new-age remedies. nothing worked. the best thing I can tell you is to wait and s/he will come when they fell like it. enjoy your pregnancy while it lasts and try to rest as much as you can! good luck and I hope you have a fast and easy labor. btw my son was almost 2 weeks late!

colorsofgrey

Answer by colorsofgrey at 3:39 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Your due date is the MID-point of 4 weeks, right? Technically, you had a 4% chance of delivering today.
    Knowing what your cervix is doing doesn't really help anything~ it won't tell you when you will start labor. It just confusing/excites/disappoints/introduces bacteria. (Many women never get checked because there is no reason.) If it helps you to stay strong & patient, you could just decline, IF your doctor is one to offer.

Baby is still inside for a reason, keep doing your normal life things, stay strong & distracted. That way when baby is born you'll know that you did everything you could for the best start possible! :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:47 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I got my labor to start by taking a very long walk (we are talking miles here, not just around the couch) and eating fruit (bowel movements release the same hormones that start labor). Sex helps to speed things along if you are already headed down that road.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 3:49 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• i think she will be born next wednesday ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Um.. Fuznet.. Bowel movements dont release hormones.. They just cause abdominal contractions which CAN stimulate the uterus to contract. There are no safe natural ways to induce. If your baby is ready s/he will come. If not, no baby. Your not overdue yet.. Why rush?
    Goldie_And_Luke

Answer by Goldie_And_Luke at 7:46 PM on Sep. 9, 2009