What to do

Mama's what do you do after the kiddo's go to sleep? My hubs is deployed so i need to find a hobby to keep me busy other than cleaning cause honestly i am almost out of stuff to clean. help me think of some hobbies oh and i live in OKC so its still pretty warm out at night

Quintensmom

Asked by Quintensmom at 3:31 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I like making jewlery, you could scrapbook
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 3:34 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Origami is another that I like, Painting, sketching, writing, gardening, dancing,
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 3:40 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I scrapbook online at www.scrapblog.com. Its free!

If I had more time I would live to learn to sew and knit.
    Drewlove

Answer by Drewlove at 4:02 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I suggest you compile a list of your likes, favorite ideas, colours,
    Is it interesting?
    are you willing to start at  step 1 are do you need the feel of jumping ahead? This will determine how much you want to spend on something thats going to bore you to death.
    Most all Hobby and craft stores have begginers kits in just about all their supplies.
     you get the bare essentuals, Get the idea if you like it and want to persue a larger project.
    But invest in a sheet of paper and a #2 pencil. compile your list and head on out to a Mom and Pops hobbie and craft store and give them your list.
    MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THEM YOUR ORIGINAL list . this will give them an idea as to, where to have you begin
    MamasTooOld

Answer by MamasTooOld at 7:03 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• WINE.

Just kidding. I'm always making stupid (and REALLY cool) stuff on the computer, editing photos (um, hence my profile pic), doing home craft projects. I only get to do it once every few months, but I like to watch a full day of HGTV and channels like that and i learn all KINDS of things I can do to decorate my place on the cheap. I make photo frames to coordinate with the fabrics in different rooms, take apart and re-piece things to make NEW things, learn a cool new way to do my patio with things I already have. You could also take the time to learn new recipes. Any of that stuff you would enjoy and your husband would be THRILLED to see when he comes home. Sometimes I'll remake an item of clothing I haven't worn in awhile - and I can't even sew!
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 3:32 PM on Sep. 11, 2009