OH NO! GIANT HEADED BABY??????

I WENT FOR MY ULTRASOUND TODAY (30W 6D) AND MY BABY'S MEASURING ALL OVER THE PLACE (ARMS ARE MEASURING ABOUT 32 W, LEGS ARE MEASURING ABOUT 33 W, STOMACH IS MEASURING ABOUT 33 W), BUT WHAT SCARES ME IS HIS HEAD IS MEASURING AT 35W 4D! IS HIS HEAD GROWING TOO BIG?? IS HE GOIN TO LOOK ALL DEFORMED AND WEIRD WHEN HE'S BORN???? CAN'T BIG HEADED BABIES GET STUCK?????? I DON'T SEE MY DOCTOR FOR ANOTHER WEEK, BUT I'M WORRIED NOW!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The technicans are not always right. My doctor told me I was measuring big for the 2nd time, when my first baby came out 7 lbs 3 oz. So when he told me my second was big I did not believe him. I went in for an ultrasound and they told me 8 lbs (give or take a pound), 5 days later I had a 9 lb 1 oz baby. It can go either way I guess. I am pregnant with my 4th and having a repeat c-section because she is big.
    ttcgirl110

Answer by ttcgirl110 at 6:33 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• They told me that my baby would be huge... so they induced to prevent a c-section. Even at birth, doc caid that she'd be over 9 lbs...she came out a petite 7.bs 5 oz...the ultrasounds are not 100% accurate.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:35 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• all babies heads are bigger then their body, its normal, and remember that ultrasounds are NOT EXACT. but if your worried why didnt you ask the technician??
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 3:36 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Ultrasounds are notoriously inaccurate. I wouldn't stress.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:37 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• technicians cant offer advice for anything. they can just tell you the size and sex if you want to know. if you have any real concerns ask your dr. but like said above also, all babies heads measure bigger than their body. dont go into labor with stress cuz it will just make it more work. you'll be ok and if for some reason the head is a lil big, ask for an epi haha.... jokes aside, i think you will be just fine
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 3:39 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• lol
    sorry to laugh
    both my sister and i had large headed babies
    my daughter is 2 now, but more than once when we were at a check up for her, the nurse had to remeasure her head because she thought she had measured wrong it was so big. one time i said to nurse who was measuring a 2nd time, and nurse did not say anything, i said..no you did not measure wrong, we come from a family of large headed people. she re measured anyway and looked at me oddly, she had measured right the first time and the 2nd time
    and big headed babies do not look deformed, the proportions for babies verus adults is so different, a big headed child does not look different than a normal size headed child
    or maybe i just not not notice because I have a large headed child, i think better than a small headed child, i like to think that it is full to the brim with smarts, but i have to wonder when she thinks making rasberries can be fun for a hour..lol
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 3:40 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I was scheduled for an induction because I was told she was too big. Well I went into natural labor the day before my induction. My supposed 9 lb baby with a giant head, was only 7lbs 1 oz. and had a nice normal round head. Don't be misled by the ultrasound.
    Drewlove

Answer by Drewlove at 3:56 PM on Sep. 9, 2009