Need some advice

Me and this guy have been associates for about 2 years now and he recently said he wanted it to be more with us. He is so sweet, caring, successful, and will go out his way for me. But he is the shy type and he is also my height (5'3)...not what im use to dating. But other than that I like him.
Should I try to look past this or not waste time and just tell we should stay friends?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• Aside from him not being what you're used to, is there any reason NOT to date him?

And think of this....you're obviously available at the moment, so what you're "used to" doesn't seem to be working too well in terms of commitment, right? **smile**

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:56 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I would say leave it alone. Sometimes great friends aren't the greatest husbands. Especially if you're not really attracted to him. I did this so i know. .I married my best friend. Everything was great, he worshipped me did everything i could every want. Was sweet caring, provides for us. But it 's just not there. like you i wasn't sure that i wanted to start anything with his but everyone kept telling me he was perfect and i was crazy so here we are. 4 years later and baby and this is not what i want. It just wasn't ever there for me like it should have been and we're probably going to get a divorce.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I'd see where it leads

Answer by admckenzie at 4:14 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• If he really is all those wonderful things you said, give him a chance. Sometimes the very best relationships begin as friendships.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:36 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• You don't have to marry this guy. Date him for a while. Once you get to know him, then you will be able to decide if this is the guy you want. It may not turn out the way you want or it may turn out that he is the man of your dreams. Don't give up before you even start. Good luck.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 4:51 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• you never know until you try. It could be wonderful. When you say associate, do you mean friend/acquaintance, or do you work with him? I'm just curious. Ask him what he means by something more. Does he want to take you on a date, kiss you, "court" you....get the specifics and make it clear what you want before you agree to anything you might be uncomfortable with.
    TeenerBeener75

Answer by TeenerBeener75 at 5:22 PM on Sep. 9, 2009