How should I be preparing for my baby?

I mean like what are the things I NEED to buy verses what I don't really need and just to mentally prepare myself. I am scared.

tweildoug

Asked by tweildoug at 3:56 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Think about what a baby basically needs. Food, clothing, diapers. A car seat. These are the things you MUST have....and even then, the car seat's only needed if you have a car.

A lot of the other stuff is just that...STUFF. Swings are convenient. So are play yards. A crib is useful but you can co-sleep too. Bouncy seats are nice to have. Strollers are quite useful. But not one of those things is a "you must have this or you're neglecting your baby" item.

Relax. Breathe. It's OK!

Answer by gdiamante at 4:01 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• CARSEAT YOU WONT BE ABLE TO TAKE THE BABY HOME IF YOU DONT HAVE ONE!!!

clothes, if your bf make sure you have a boppy pillow, breastpads, a good bf bras, lanolin and most important support. if you ff make sure you have bottles and of course formula. clothes onesies are best. diapers lots of those. you wont belive how m,uch poop can come out of a baby.

like pp said some things are a need. for example i ahve a boucy chair and a jumperoo those were mostly wants but i used them everyday.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Get "what to expect when your'e expecting" (the book). It has all the information you need. Congrats by the way!!!
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 5:19 PM on Sep. 9, 2009