getting Mirena put in tomorrow.. What are some things i should expect? Please leave feedback on what moms use use it think of the mirena.

Like side effects. what to expect from the appointment tomorrow.. and the insertion.. discomforts and problems with it..

brittanybell

Asked by brittanybell at 4:01 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Really there are no discomforts. It just kind of pinches. If you do experience any discomfort simply taking an Ibuprofen will help. I really had nothing but negative side effects from the IUD though, so I don't want to scare you off. I never stopped bleeding and I never stopped cramping, by the second month, I developed a severe infection and had to have it removed in the ER. Just keep an eye on things.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I hAd it put in today.. I am 8 weeks pp the insertion was a little uncomfortable and I had cramping that lasted a few minutes during the insertion but after about 10 minutes I started cramping again and it hasntgone awAy it like " an about to get your period cramping". We choose Mirena because I am still breastfeeding my little one and because of the option we have to remove it if we decide to try to get pregnant again plus I have heard only good things about it so it makes me feel more at ease.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 4:15 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I got the mirena 7 weeks after my DD was born. There was mild discomfort and a pinch when it was inserted and then I cramped for the rest of the evening.

I cant really give you much info on it becuase 4 days after I got it, I started my period and my cramps were so severe that they expelled it! So a month later we tried again, thinking it was a fluke thing, but then I got my period and AGAIN the thing came out!!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 4:19 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I've had mine for 10 months now and I couldn't be happier. Periods now are super light to nonexistent. However I do still get cramps monthly but nothing like before I got Mirena. My libido went from nonexistent oral birth control to at times practically insatiable. The only thing I would consider a real annoyance and it is rarely talked about is an abundance of cervical mucus that comes and goes as it pleases. But a panty liner is enough to handle that issue.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Sep. 9, 2009