Keeping 6 mo old busy?

I'm getting ready to have my 6 mo old home with me every day. She is in daycare 2 days a week but I was laid off and I'm worried about this swine flu thing so I am taking her out. I just need good ideas of things her and I can do. Right now we go outside once a day and sit on the blanket and play with the dogs and her toys, she has an excersaucer but that only lasts so long....any ideas? And yes I do read to her as well but she can only sit sitll for maybe a book or two at a time then she is over it.

HayleyGM

Asked by HayleyGM at 4:16 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i jst put myd ds on the floor and let him roll around. plus my 2 yr old keeps him happy. i give him rattles and baby toys.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:20 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• we have hardwood and 3 dogs (which shed terribly) so she can't be put on the floor. i guess i need to buy a pieve of scrap carpet from somewhere to roll out just for her...
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 4:23 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• your gonna need to find some way to put her on the floor. she needs to learn how to move around. maybe you can keep the dogs out of a certain area and let her play there. we have hardwood floors also, and i always thought it was too hard for my ds but its fine. and once she starts to crawl shes gonna be on the floor all day long. my son loved to just lay on the floor and play with toys, kept him busy for a while.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Stroller walks are always great if the weather is nice!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 5:51 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Get some kids' cds and dance with her, take the pots and pans out of the cupboard and show her how to bang on them with spoons...just be creative, at this age anything is a toy...and yes rolling around on the floor is great for babies. I got a big excersize mat to lay on my hardword floor when my son was that age.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 5:54 PM on Sep. 9, 2009