Did you register at the hospital before you went into labor?

When did you do that? I'm 31 weeks and should probably do that. You go in and fill out all the paperwork and take a tour or whatever.

I think i'm close enough now to be thinking about it right?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 4:27 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, it's probably a good idea to get that taken care of now. It will be one less thing to woryy about when the time comes! My doctor gave me the papers at 24 weeks, along with an envelope to mail them to the hospital and a copy of my insurance card to attach to the paperwork. It was really convenient to be able to mail it all in and not have to drive there. But I guess if you take it in yourself, you can see where you'll be going when you need to.
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 4:33 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I would go do it, It gets annoying to be in labor and have to deal with that crap ontop of everything else. I didn't do it with my last one and I went in at 30 weeks to stay til the baby was born. So I had to get on the phone with the people and have a ten minute conversation. NOT A NICE THING>
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• 31 WEEKS TOO

i just did it yesterday
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 4:30 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Yes do it now. You won't want to do it when you are in labor

Answer by admckenzie at 4:30 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• i also want to bring the dad with me, he doesn't know where the hospital is yet
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:30 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I didn't as the hospital that i went to only keeps 2 weeks of info at any given time on active patients before it's archived. That means, if you register at 34 weeks, it will only be in the system until you are 36 weeks so if you don't go into labor until 40 weeks, you will have to stop and re-register. I'd call the hospital to make sure before you do.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:31 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• i pre registred online when i was about 30 weeks
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:32 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Yes do it now. I think we did it during our prenatal class. Most hospital websites have a pre-admit form you can fill out and send in.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 4:32 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• i want to tour the birthing rooms, at least see where i'm going to be delivering. i looked online a while back and it didnt have an online option for it
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:37 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• My dr's office was at the hospital, so it was just as easy to go over after my appointment to registar.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Sep. 9, 2009