What can I do about my depression during pregnancy?

It's been kind of on & off for the past 7 months, but when it's on, it's really horrible. I refuse to take any kind of medication, because I was on several different behavorial medications as a teen for a severe misdiagnosis. Also, I do not want my unborn child expose to the disgusting chemicals they put in those pills. Does anyone know of some homeopathic remedy for depression that would be safe during pregnancy?

Wheepingchree

Asked by Wheepingchree at 4:30 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• excercise. also be sure to tell your doctor... she may suggest a dr to talk to or something. instead of taking meds. Good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• common sense

power through your emotions while you're pregnant

use meds later

you CAN control your depression- i do while i'm pregnant for the baby's sake
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Try yoga... i know it can be hard to even get the umph up to do it, but if this is your first, tell dh that you need to do this for yourself and the baby and don't care what he says, invite him to join you, go for walks, Try looking around and seeing what kindof plants or animals are in your area, try to enjoy them, Try to find positives all around you. Put post it notes up all over the house to encourage you. some of mine include : Take a DEEP breathe. Remember to smile! You are a GODDESS! Feel the Love! Sing to your baby *yes in the womb* a happy song that makes you smile. If you can't think of one, start looking for one and just learn the lyrics, you don't have to carry a tune in a bucket!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I am not an expert on anything. What I do suggest is to be open and acknowledge what you are feeling. If you don't feel like talking to anyone, then write about it. That's why site like these are helpful because you can truly express yourself and be assured that we won't judge you because we kindda experienced what you're going through (to some degree). More importantly, think about the baby. It's apparent that you care and love him/her so much that you are willing to sacrifice for his/her well being so focus on that. This will sounds cliche-ish but think happy thoughts such as what you're planning to do when the baby arrives or picture what you think he/she will look like..and of course, as with everything that I do, nothing goes wrong with a little prayer...
    raelen06

Answer by raelen06 at 4:38 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I had the same issue. I have been on medication for anxiety and depression since i was 18. Im 22 now. I of course stopped taking them because i found out i was pregnant. I cant even imagine the harm the pills can possibly do. I dont wanna hear possibilities. So, even though my doctor said i can take zoloft i choose not because i read that it can cause problems with the babies lungs. Xanx and definitly cant take so i manage my anxiety and depression by doing YOGA. It works so good. If you start to feel depressed YOGA does wonders for your breathing and your mind kinda just well floats. It is very relaxing. That and I talk to my husband. He always makes me feel better. Hope everything works out for you GL
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 6:21 PM on Sep. 9, 2009