Ok I heard this and went WHA?!

An evangalist on the tv said that if you do not have the holy spirit that you are possesed by demons or being harrassed by demons. Is this true and what's your opinions on it?

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 4:32 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• umm no, do you think he knows he is making all christians look like crazies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I'm not saying that demon possession can't happen, but it is very rare. I would say that a lot of those televangelists are trying to boost their ratings and get money, so they do anything for shock value. Bob Larson does demon evictions and if you look at his financial records, he is a little shady. There have been several news reports on him if you just google it. It's a ploy to get money don't listen to that.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 4:36 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Most evangalist on TV just want your money. You are not possessed by demons or harrassed. We all have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God. The great this is is that he died on the cross for the forgiveness of these sins and when we accept God into our life as our Savior we become Christians. What a wonderful God we have!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• LOL. Never heard that before.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 4:37 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Of course it is true, you heard it on TV
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I would think more along the lines that if you were not filled with the HS you'd be empty and/or tempted by sin (maybe he thinks of sin as demons as in the term "fighting our own demons")

Answer by admckenzie at 4:38 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• my conclusion.. He is deceived and a false teacher. No where in the bible does it say that!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:39 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I believe in the need of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit...and even I will say that this man sounds crazy!
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 4:42 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• don't worry about it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:42 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Ditto Shaneagle!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 4:43 PM on Sep. 9, 2009