Does anyone have a kindle? Would you recommend one for a 13 year old?

My daughter really wants one for her B-Day.

bellasrose71008

Asked by bellasrose71008 at 4:45 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Thanks in advance, by the way :)
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 4:45 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• what's a kindle?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Is that a thing where you can download books off the internet? I put a couple of my own books that I wrote on it. If that's what it is, then I think you should let her.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 5:01 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• wow i want one. i think that you should watch what she is reading, but it is such a good idea. some schools you can dow load your text books onto them and so that will cut out on the # of school books she will have to cary around. great gift idea.
    kristyleigh614

Answer by kristyleigh614 at 5:21 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• If she is mature enough to take care of it I think it would be a great gift! I want one too!
    Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 5:46 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• My bf has one and I think they are awesome!! I agree, if she is mature enough to take care of it then I would get it for her.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 10:21 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Unless your DD is very responsible and an avid reader then a Kindle is not a good gift for a 13 year old. They are very pricey, so you need to know that she will take super good care of it. The whole purpose of a Kindle is to have an entire library at your finger tips, so if she reads a lot this is great. But if she's an average 13 year old, then she is just wanting a cool gadget to show off to her friends and will either lose it or stick it some where and not really use it.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:14 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• She loves to read. And there will be very strict rules on how to take care of it. We'll see. Anyway, thanks everyone.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 7:11 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• my dd is 14, i would totally get it for her. she has an ipod touch that costs the same as the kindle, so if she can take care of that then she can take care of the kindle.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 1:47 AM on Sep. 12, 2009