Im I hurting him?

Im a college student so I roll around with my backpack. But when I get to my car I have to carry and put it in my vehicle, the thing weights around 10 pounds. And I can feel the pressure I put in my tummy. But I have noone to help me. So I'll be doing this for the next 2 months. Im currently 7 months. Im I hurting my baby by doing so? Even though it takes my like 3 min. to get it in my car I still feel a bit bad. Also when I have to get it out of my vehicle in the morning. Help? Because if so, Ima have to find a freaking board to roll the thing out of my vehicle if necessary.

Kaidensmommy009

Asked by Kaidensmommy009 at 4:47 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• why don't you try a backpack that has wheels? maybe that could help you out some you will just have to lift it to get it in the car but at least you won't carry the weight all day
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I lifted far heavier things for far longer pregnant, my kids came out fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• i think your fine...I just picked up my little cousin he's 5 so im sure he's between 30 and 45 lbs and it didnt bother me a bit...i know some advise to not lift more than 20 but 10 is not much at all.

If it worries you or there was weird pains let your doctor know
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 4:50 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I worked as a groomer when pregnant with my first-so I was carrying and lifting dogs well over ten pounds until I was 38 weeks along. Then when pregnant with my second I carried my first around everywhere and she was over 25 pounds. You should be fine,but if you are worried talk to your dr.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 5:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• As long as your not getting pains and/or bleeding after picking it up then you should be fine, if your really worried about it consult your ob/gyn and see what they say but i'm sure everything is fine, you could just be lifting wrong, try to not use your back when you lift, that can put pressure on your stomache. GoodLuck & TakeCare
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 5:07 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• my Doctor told me i can lift up to 30 pounds.. Cause my son is 23 pounds and i lift him all the time
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 5:46 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• As long as you keep it close to your body you should be fine but look for a luggage dolly or backpack with wheels.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:18 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• no, your not hurting him. try to relax.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 6:28 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• weigh your backpack on a scale, ten pounds is not a lot- i bet it weighs more than that
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:52 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Wait a minute... you are asking if its ok to lift 10 pounds? Why wouldnt it be ok? I have never heard of that before!

Most docs say about 20-25 pounds but I list my 28 pound & my 37 pound kids!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 7:53 PM on Sep. 9, 2009