Does anyone have any Work-from-Home advice?

I am in serious need of a job, however, my daughter will not be old enough to put into daycare for another year. And my son does not start school until next year. So...I can not go out and get a job. I need to be able to work from home. I can not afford anything with a start-up cost. PLEASE HELP!!! Thank you.

...Amanda...

Asked by ...Amanda... at 4:48 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• Hello, Amanda!

Please take a look at this website: http://www.raelen.whyambitworks.com

I have more to say on it but I need you to take a look at the website; it is about 10 minutes.

Thanks for your time in advance and get back to me as soon as you can. Perhaps I can help you and vice versa.
    raelen06

Answer by raelen06 at 4:53 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Everything has a start up cost. Either you pay for it up front or later. The best advice I can give is that you join the MOM TEAM. It did wonders for me. www.internetceomoms.com/nycia $29 to start. Other than that maye you can make your hobby work for you.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 4:55 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• mymommybiz.com is a good resource for telecommuting jobs. They have a list of legit companies that hire work from home. I was hired on with west at home, but I didn't complete the training because it came at a really bad time. West at home pays $8 per hour, but it takes a good 6 months for them to process and finally put you in a position. They did pay me for training hours too. Alpine Access is another one I never could get hired with and LiveOps requires that you have your own tax ID number.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 4:57 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Amanda, I would love to talk to you a little more about this. I actually have a 2 1/2 year old son who I stay home with and I work part time from home. I am just now trying to transition to more full time. Which is 15-20 hrs. a week. I love what I do, It helps women feel good about themselves, is affordable, sells itself, and plus our opportunity helps so many women be able to have flexibility that we want. If you would be open and willing just to hear a little about our company and how we make our money I would love to share with you. It also helps me to train as I am promoting myself right now. There is no obligation to join, just listen and make an educated decision. PLUS you get a FREE gift plus 50% off any item for giving your opinion. I was in the same boat you are with day care and all and would love to share how I got in the business with you. I have time tomorrow if you would like to listen in or meet in person.
    MKFaceGirl

Answer by MKFaceGirl at 5:37 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• All I have to say is this company is simply amazing! check it out :) good luck!

HI,
    I'm happily engaged and we are about to buy our first home. We live in a small town where it is really hard to find a decent job, so I've been searching for a way to work at home. I recently found a home-based opportunity with no large investments and no risk! I work in the comfort of my own home with an international, 24 year old, Inc 500 company. All I do is set up customer accounts and do some online marketing. I work around my own schedule, with a group of amazing team members. I never even have to leave my own home to be successful!

If this is something you'd be interested in, please visit my website.

www.workathomeunited.com/lynsey

I think that once you hear more information about the company, you'll love it just as much as I do!

I hope to hear from you soon :)
    lynsey7

Answer by lynsey7 at 7:13 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I have created a series of work at home articles on eHow.  They contain excellent resources, ideas and information.  Also, I have a Blog about computer jobs sorted into those that pay via Paypal and those that pay utilizing other means.  You can check them all out at my website:

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:39 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com . Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview prep. Feel free to contact me directly.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:37 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• http://www.scentsy.com/My2Scents

There is a startup cost, and I realize that you weren't interested in that...but, the cost does give you literally everything you need to make that money back and then some. I'll let you check it out, and if I can help with any questions, or anything that might help you get started, just let me know.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 12:40 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Check out my website it is full of oppty's...All are legit and free to become a rep, except for one...Simply Sweet N'Sassy does have a $5.00 start-up fee...
    http://melissascozycorner.webs.com/
    Any questions feel free to pm me...
    Hope you have a wonderful day!!!
    nymomof7

Answer by nymomof7 at 9:54 AM on Sep. 17, 2009