do you think something is wrong with my 2 year old by the way she acts?

my daughter is 21months and she is acting weird. she doesnt want to eat even if i cut down on her milk and juice. i give her anything and she spits it out and starts fussin(that really gets on my nervess!!!) and at night she fusses alllll night. i tried givin her alil bit of everything even the soup that she use to LOVE she wont eat. now i just had my baby and she is worse now. for any lil thing she fusses for hours. she dont eat at all...

mami2bagainlol

Asked by mami2bagainlol at 5:00 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i've only got one child so I dont' really know this from experiance or anything like that but it sounds to me like she's wanting attention. but if it gets out of hand and you're really concerned I would talk to her pedi they should know how to help you.
    AshleyG.

Answer by AshleyG. at 5:15 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• It shall pass. I know it's hard to get a toddler to eat while you have a newborn on another hand. Your DD is probably in the phase of accepting another baby at home. It's really hard for her to understand the situation that my mom has to spend more time on a stranger not herself. Ask your DH to spend more time with her and let DH to do the mealtime. Also try not to let her spend most of time with you and baby together. Either DD with DH, DD with you or DD with Grandma/pa, Aunts, babysiters etc... Too much attention to baby is causing your DD feeling unloved and insucured but she doesn't know how to express then it shows on her appertizes and sleep patterns. Please don't be nagtive about when DD is not eating or is fussy. Good luck and take care!
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 5:18 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• She's more than likely looking for attention. Have you tried just sitting at the table, everyone eating, having conversation about anything but how good the food is, and ignoring your non-eater?
    I saw this on a tv show once, don't remember what it was.
    If it continues, I would talk w/ her doctor.
    Remember that all of us have times when we want to scream and pull our hair out. You're not alone in that at all!!
    Good luck!
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 6:43 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• um it could be the baby she is jelous and is craving attention. also at 2 kids slow down on ther eating my dd is 30 mts and if i can get her to eat one good meal a day, thats good. the whole not eating thing is normal and will last long so relax
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:20 PM on Sep. 9, 2009