Where and when did Christianity originate?

Just wondering how many christians actually know the history of their own religion. I bet so many are trying to google it before they answer this question - if they answer!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Quotations:
    "The Christian myths were first related of Horus or Osiris, who was the embodiment of divine goodness, wisdom, truth and purity...This was the greatest hero that ever lived in the mind of man -- not in the flesh -- the only hero to whom the miracles were natural because he was not human." Gerald Massey, author of "The Natural Genesis," 1

"None of the attempts made by sceptics [sic] to demonstrate that Christianity is false because it contains alleged pagan elements is credible or convincing." Unidentified historian. 2

Hosea 13:4: King James Version. "...I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me."

Young's Literal Translation: "And I [am] Jehovah thy God from the land of Egypt, And a God besides Me thou dost not know, And a Saviour -- there is none save Me."
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 9:11 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Acts, Chapter 2. Tells all about the birth of the church,and the day of Pentecost. What exactly about that needs to be googled. And, why would we not answer?
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 5:10 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Um, can I just ask what I've done,that you feel the need to be so ugly and hateful to me? You asked a question, I answered it,the best way I knew,and you totally trash me for it. How is that funny?
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 5:19 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I figured it was just another bashing question! What makes you think with that attitude you even deserve an answer?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Its funny b/c you havent a clue what the answer is. All you know is what someone told you. Act 2 is an interpretaion of someones thoughts. So its funny that you would answer a question with no thought of you own.
    Anonymous

• OP, honey, you obviously have some serious problems,and I will be praying,that God gives you relief from your problems,and comfort in your mind and spirit,so you don't have to attack innocent people, answering what should have been a very thought-provoking question. I have no idea who you are,or why you feel the need to be so mean,but God does,and He will get you through whatever it is you are going through. God bless you.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 5:27 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• What difference is it when you guys fill the whole damn site with (Christians only) questions? Then ask bias questions and give your own answers!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• stop it, you are seriously going off the deep end - and still havent answered the question. (do some research). Christians are always so quick to get affended, but dont give a rats behind if you all offend others. As if to say that you are all perfect and there is something wrong with the rest of us. And exactly what is wrong with me? Why do you need to pray?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I set out to type this long spiritual and historical post, but I see that the OP is only out trolling!
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:30 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I guess that depends on what you define as Christianity
    ... there is Christ's life with its dates and places
    ... there is the aftermath of Christ's time with His disciples when they were telling more and more people about Christ's revolutionary message of brotherly love beyond the bounds of one's own community or race or religion
    ... and then there's the transformation from an offshoot of Judaism into a separate "Christianity".

Oh, and then there is the frequently-seen opinion that Catholics are somehow not Christians.
    So, since Catholicism was the only Christianity through the Middle Ages and the Renaissance, then, according to THIS definition of Christianity, we are talking about the place where Luther first posted his objections to the Catholic Church (Germany) and the time of the Reformation.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 5:31 PM on Sep. 9, 2009