Thinking about selling my wedding dress. I know my step-daughter will probably want her own when it comes time for her to marry and she'll probably end up bigger than I am (Cause I'm itty bitty) and my dress is sitting in a box preserved. Plus I need the extra money. Anyone have any suggestions as for consignment shops, placing adds or maybe ebay?

I wore it in 2001 and if memory serves it is a Alfred Angelo, size 2. Ivory. It isn't a dress that would of went out of style (I wouldn't think). It is sleeveless with some beading around neckline and low botton down back. Like I said before it is preserved in a box.

allsmiles01

Asked by allsmiles01 at 4:58 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• E-bay baby!! set your price at the minimum you want. also post pics with it and you in it to help
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:36 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• if you find out that you cant or dont sell it, there are places that make burial outfits for babies who dont make it... they can make a few out fits with a wedding dress and its for a good cause.
    edwinsmom2008

Answer by edwinsmom2008 at 6:51 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I also would like to sell my wedding dress (extra money needed here also) I called the wedding shops around where I live and no one will except a used dress. Im scared to put it in conscienment because people will be trying it on and ruin it before it is sold. I have been thinking about Ebay, I tried craigslist and I got a bunch of fony responses. I have a really nice dress that cost $1500, so I really dont know what to ask for it? But good luck with yours, I know how it is :)
    JonahsMom1107

Answer by JonahsMom1107 at 7:36 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Craigslist is another good place. Have you talked to your husband about the decision?
    MomtoMany_of8

Answer by MomtoMany_of8 at 2:11 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I would definatly try Craigslist.org as suggested by MomtoMany first. It's local and you can sell it rather quickly :) Good luck!
    KaydeeBee

Answer by KaydeeBee at 11:32 PM on Jul. 4, 2008