got him to eat vegetables.. secretly! wooohoo! but need more ideas!

my son has this HUGE problem with eating vegetables, he just WON'T eat them. so, what i did was make some meat loaf, ground up some mixed vegetables and put it in there and he ate it! i need some more ideas on how to get him to eat vegetables. advice??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If he will eat mashed potatoes, I heard you can puree cauliflower, and mix it in with the potatoes, they are the same color!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 5:28 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Make him sit at the table til he does, whether he likes it or not. Might seem harsh but that's what my parents did and what I do with my son. lol If you always trick him you will have to keep it up forever may as well make him get used to it. He needs a healthy diet. Maybe tell him he has to eat a veggie but he can pick what kind.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 5:33 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Try to not hide then because then he will continue to not like the since he is never exposed to them. Try serving with dips like ranch or cheese sauce to make it more appealing. Since he is young (under 2 it seems from the post) I would not freak out too much yet if he does not like them. Try again in a few months. They grow and change so quickly!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 5:35 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Mix them into Mac & Cheese! I think there are a couple cook books out there that have a TON of recipes on how to sneak in healthy stuff... "The Sneaky Chef" I think? And another by Jerry Seinfeld's (sp?) wife.
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 5:58 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• yeah ive tried sitting him at the table until he ate his veggies. doesn't work! i swear he would rather starve than eat vegetables. and he doesn't like mac n cheese or mashed potatoes. i have an extremely picky eater on my hands!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I never told my dd the difference. She likes them, 'cause there has always been a veggie on her plate during meals. Most the time, 2. I mix broc up in the Mac/Cheese. Carrots are her favorite. She likes the color variety on her plate from the veggies. :)
    My husband, on the other hand, is the one I have to hide food for. I add basil and mushrooms cut up small, parsley, anything to add just a little green or veggies to the man's plate. He hates veggies, and "lettuce makes me gag" is his favorite sentence. *sigh* It's all cause his mom didn't make him eat his veggies, he says he was never even exposed after he said he didn't like them.
    IDK what to tell you about the kid, but please, don't let him think that he's never had them, or your future daughter in law will hate your guts as much as I hate his mom. LOL
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 6:40 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• get sectionall trays that helps, i also agree with the other moms hiding it is not god try frozen peas as a snack , my kids liked that smoothies maybe he can drnk it.. good luck getting them in and remember a child will live by example
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 6:55 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• My son goes off and on liking veggies. I will cook carrots and mush them up, then put them in his grilled cheese.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 7:15 PM on Sep. 9, 2009