How do I potty train my son in 3 days?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Why do you want to do that? How old is your son?
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 5:32 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• What?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• There is some book I think, but I don't know if how or if it works. I would assume your child would have to be really ready. I did it the old fashioned way and let my daughter run around without pants on and gave her m&m's when she went on the potty. I know I am horrible mother but I don't have to buy diapers anymore.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 5:38 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• LOL I love lilysmom's answer! Here are some resources: http://www.babycenter.com/0_potty-training-in-three-days-or-less_10310078.bc

I've heard that skittles and M&M's work wonders!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 5:57 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• M&Ms and nakedness are the best way for me to do it also! I tried the 3 day training, and it didn't work, but every parent/child is different.
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 6:35 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Our daughter is 26 months old and we are potty training as well and we also let her run around without anything on and when she needs to go she goes to her potty and goes. The problem we are finding out is if she does have her panties on she will sit on the potty and go without pulling down her panties. But we are in no hurry so we are taking it slow. My son was potty trained in less than a week.
    amychat

Answer by amychat at 7:39 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Talk about putting your needs before you child's needs... :-(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Yea, good luck with that working. If he isn't ready nothing short of a magic trick is going to work in 3 days. Even if it does work for now chances are he will regress.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 8:18 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

I am confused. You don't think a child needs to learn how to use the potty?
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 9:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I did this. Wait until he is very ready, at least 3. Buy some character undies he loves. Tell him "tomorrow you are going on the big boy potty! No more diapers!!" The next day put him in undies. Take him every 1/2 hour to the potty. When he goes give him m&ms. Give him lots of praise. Don't leave the house. The next day do the same thing. He should start feeling when he is going to go. With my 3 kids they were all completely trained by day 3. I kept diapers for at night. You'll go through a lot of laundry the first 2 days, but after that my kids never had an accident. Good luck!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:55 PM on Sep. 10, 2009