How much control is too much?

From reading a lot of these posts, it seems many Mom's want total control over every aspect of their child's life at school. Where do your needs end and the needs of the common good start? Do you believe that schools can and should meet your every need and wish, even down to no sugar snacks for everyone, supervision every step of the way from bus stop to classroom door. How high would our taxes need to be if we continue this trend of schools being everything to everyone. Your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• I pay an exorbitant amount in private school tuition and I have to go by all the rules they've set forth. There are no exceptions. Helicopter moms need to get over themselves. I think it's all about them thinking they're a great parent because they hover and demand everyone bow down to their child's needs. It's ridiculous.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Interesting. I think if we all got what we wanted, we would have taxes so high and schools so crazy we would want some limits back!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 5:38 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I do expect my child to be supervised from one place to another.. it is their JOB to make sure my child makes it to and from school safely. To me that isn't asking to me that is just expecting them to do their job. (In elementary school atleast)

With sugar, some kids become extremely hyper and I think if a kid can't have sugar for certain
    reason then the parent should adapt their own snack and send something their kid CAN have.

But most schools I know of only offer sugar free healthy snacks so that isn't an issue.

But with other issues, to an extent I do expect to still have some control while my child is at school after all that is my child and I expect them to be supervised and cared for while they are away. But as for the actual structure of the class as long as there is learning involved I put all my faith in the teachers because that is what they went to school for after all.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 6:02 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• my expectations are very, very high...... and if I see problems in quality, safety, food, etc I am not afraid to speak up. These are my kids, and when they're entrusted to a school or whomever else, they're the kids of that institution.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:41 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• then you should homeschool.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 7:26 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• hibbingmom is the same one who on another thread says she has financial information, pictures of their houses, criminal records, marital records (marriages and divorces), how many times they've moved, etc......all before she lets her kids be in the classroom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Sep. 9, 2009