Found out I have High Blood Pressure at 6 months...how dangerous is this?

I'm just freaking out a bit because I just found out I have high blood pressure now. I'm a little over 6 months pregnant. What should I do?

comoms

Asked by comoms at 5:49 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You should listen to your doctor. Do everything he/she tells you. HBP is nothing to play with.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:19 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• HBP can be dangerous depending on how high it is and if it is associated with other symptoms like dizziness, blurry vision, protein in urine, excessive swelling of the hands and face.

Look up Brewer's Diet (advocates 90-100g of protein per day)
    Make sure you are getting enough calcium/magnesium (something highly absorbable if you go supplement)
    8-10 eight ounce glaces of water per day.
    Get enough salt (sea salt) by salting your food to taste (don't use table salt), but avoid excessive salt from processed food.
    Rest on your left side several times a day. Try to sleep on your left.

I've just developed very mild hypertension in my last trimester. My midwife is watching it and I am taking the initiatives above.

It is stressful, I know. But being proactive will go a long way to help keep it from getting out of hand, reversing it, and preventing development of pre-e
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:01 PM on Sep. 9, 2009