WHat do you do?

When you know very well baby is tired and she's fed diapered burped etc. but keeps resisting sleep? What do you usually do when your baby fights sleep?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Usually my dd associates her blaket with sleep, so she gets wrapped up a little and we walk around, she usually forgets that she didn't want to sleep and passes out.

How old?
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 6:08 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I just tell him to go to bed(when he was younger i'd put him to bed) and if he's upset he'll get over it soon and fall asleep.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 6:10 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• unfortunately it came down to the CIO method. i'd give my DS his paci and his soft blanket and put him in his crib. sometimes it'd take a few tries but about every 5 minutes if he was still crying i'd go into the room put his paci back in his mouth and leave again. thats the only thing that worked for me. BUT he would fall asleep for DH when he'd get rocked and sang to. maybe i dont have a great singing voice lol
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 7:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• 5 months
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• If she's fighting sleep even after you've checked whether she's hungry or needs her diaper changed I would think that she might be over stimulated by her environment. She doesn't want to sleep because stuff around her is too interesting? Do you have a bed time routine established yet? Like listening to soothing music, bath, reading, rocking quietly etc.... if she has an environment that isn't over stimulating and a routine at night so that she recognizes it's time to sleep then it might help her except that it's time to sleep and help her wind down. I had the same problem with my little girl and found that if I gently distracted her from her little struggle by gently bouncing her on my knee to soft music then she would go to sleep. I have no idea whether this is useful but give it a try and good luck!
    TopBrit

Answer by TopBrit at 9:42 PM on Sep. 9, 2009