Am I hurting my milk supply?

My son is almost 3 weeks and eats about every 2-3 hours. Of the 8-12 feedings per day I breastfeed him about 4 times. Is this severely hurting my milk supply? Is it still possible to increase my supply?

MrsBrintae

Asked by MrsBrintae at 6:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• to increase ur milk u need to nurse more.. and every mother is different i started breastfeeding 4 times and my milk ran out and dried up..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• oh and u can pump more put it in the freezer for later
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• The best way to increase your supply is to just nurse for each feeding, on demand.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:07 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Like the others have said increasing your milk supply is going to require you to either nurse more or pump more. another thing that can be helpful when trying to increase supply is fenugreek seed. You can buy it an most health food stores. 3 caps. 3 times a day.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:21 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Put baby to breast! That's how you increase your supply.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:42 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Is this severely hurting my milk supply?  Absolutely!  The less your body receives the signal to make milk the less milk you make.  It is a very slippery slope when formula is introduced.

Is it still possible to increase my supply?  Absolutely!  Demand = Supply.  Put baby to the breast as often as baby feeds. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Sep. 9, 2009