Do remarriages to the ex-spouse work the second time? Need Both sides of the story.

Considering remarrying ex-spouse but have some reservations. Things seem great, but feel like I am waiting for the ball to drop. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• My bestfriends mom did that, then got divorced again and have never been back together but they divorced because he was a drug adict. Depends on reason you got the divorce, god can fix all
    jesusgirl99

Answer by jesusgirl99 at 6:13 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I married my husband in 1987 and we divorced in 1992. He had a severe drinking problem and wouldnt get help. He got help and been sober 13 years and we remarried in 1998. It is definitely better the second time around. The thing to keep in mind is make sure that the reason you divorced has been resolved. Dont bring old baggage into the relationship. Make sure you are doing it for the right reasons and it will be amazing. My husband is my best friend and we have an amazing marriage now. Best wishes!!!!
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 6:32 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Remember why you left is what I tell my x every time he wants me back

Answer by admckenzie at 6:34 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• General Patton used to say something like this: "I never cover the same ground twice".
    And, I fimly believe this to be the truth (the majority of the time).
    Another good saying is: "Leopards don't change their spots".
    Unless this person has PROVEN BEYOND A DOUBT that they have improved, don't believe it !!!
    KELLI2L

Answer by KELLI2L at 8:33 PM on Sep. 9, 2009